Sunday, February 23, 2014

I invaded Aliens




That's right. This past Saturday, I travelled to a local cheeze joint to immerse myself in fake, plasticy big-eyed, little-mouthed, scrawny-body alienism.

*Note   not all of the photos you see here were taken by me.
And I wanted to assess their cheeseburgers. That's right. We come fer yer burger, Chuck.     :)

This was the Planet Zombie burger. That's Alien-speak for "Taco Burger". I wasn't feeling that brave, yet.


So, I settled on my comfort zone. A cheeseburger and fries. Or "Alien Burger".

  
*queue spacey Twilight Zoney music.



The sandwich was about 30-40% larger than McDonald's Quarter Pounder and one of the better burgers I've had in life. And filling.

The fries were not bad, either. In the upper 50% category. Tastier than Five Guys' fries but not quite as good as Big Boy's.  Wow... rereading that last sentence felt reeeeally naughty.


ANYWHO... they have a FaceBook page, if you're interested. And a website, with a pdf menu I will link in this post.

Space Aliens in Bismarck was exactly what I expected. A bit crowded, lots of fluff and cheap effects, tons of tiny people running about, over-priced arcade, too long of a wait for a table, and very young adults trying to keep it all afloat.

They did have a real spacesuit, from one of the earlier Apollo missions, displayed in the arcade, however.
Neat.


But, the atmosphere was comfortable, the seating wasn't bad, the decor in peripheral blur mode was nice, and the food was awesome.




And the inside of the domed ceiling had a nice airbrushed mural of space. I would have gone with more realism, but still not bad. Better than a boring drop tile with greasy lighting.

















The place was a bit expensive. $9.50 or so for a cheeseburger and fries. But at least I got a spiffy cup on request. And it is a big ass cheeseburger, folks.



All in all, worth the trip.

The building itself was interesting, if not a bit touristy.

           
Obviously not my pics. The world displayed here isn't currently in Ice Age mode. Mine is.











As promised, here is their menu. Couldn't get the pdf to upload, so this is a link to it.
Space Aliens Grill & Bar menu
Fairly standard, though they do have a few themey items listed.

I can tell you their cheeseburger rocks. And the BBQ was very good. Think it's called the Martian Munchie platter. And the Raspberry tea was enjoyable. They even have an onion blossom thing, which wasn't bad at all - but nothing compared to Outback Steakhouse's Bloomin' Onion.

On a 1 - 10 scale, for good food and good environment, I'd give it an 8.
And I will be going there again. If only for takeout.


No comments: